Qdos Career Hubs
Qdos Career Hubs are a new and free resource for local communities. Staffed by career professionals they will provide access to independent, unbiased personal career guidance and the opportunity to link up with employers, strengthening the relationship between education, skills and employment.
Young people and adults will be able to use the Qdos Career Hubs in different ways:
- Pre-arranged visits as part of the school day to take part in employer-led activities and career guidance sessions – whole class lessons, small group programmes, employer-led activities and individual career counselling
- Open after school and in the holidays, the Hubs will offer career clubs, information sessions, small group activities and individual career counselling
- Adults will be able to take part in their own small group activities and individual career counselling sessions. The Career Hubs will be additional locations for the National Careers Service, Adult Education and other local providers, eg JobcentrePlus.
Qdos advisers will help you with:
These modern, well-equipped centres will provide access to state of the art technology including a wide range of digital resources, career exploration tools, short digital courses and employer-led activities providing insights into work environments through live streaming, virtual tours of work places, plus access to training, apprenticeships, technical and higher education and jobs.
Our goal is to ensure that through our careers information and guidance and strong links with employers, we support 100% of our users to make effective transitions into further learning and work.
Click here for a copy of 'The Akrill Review'
Why do we need Career Hubs?
Impact of Brexit and the global Covid-19 pandemic
Both these events have proved to be huge disrupters, accelerating the pace of change and our use of technology and the implementation of digital solutions in all aspects of work.
Advanced automation of processes and AI offer both a threat and opportunity: while many jobs will be lost, many more are being created in a wide range of expanding industries. Although employers are saying that they are struggling to recruit the skilled staff they need.
Qdos Career Hubs are designed and equipped to facilitate digital communications and training, with investment in technology and resources not currently accessible in schools/colleges and adult education centres.
- Provide the urgently required place and space for unbiased careers guidance, delivered by expert careers advisers and careers education specialists
- Support the economy by enabling future employees to develop their knowledge and skills
- Contribute to UK productivity and international competitiveness
- Foster social mobility and the creation of a fairer society
Slow progress on achieving the Gatsby Benchmarks
Despite the implementation of the 2018-20 Careers Strategy, the improvements achieved by schools and colleges working towards the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks has been relatively slow, with the average achievement stuck in the region of 3.8.
Qdos Career Hubs will complement local initiatives, supporting schools and colleges to achieve the Benchmarks and provide unbiased careers guidance to young people and adults.
Who are we?
The business is family owned, with a desire to create a legacy in building design, innovation and community impact.
Manor Property Group
A natural progression...
Qdos Careers App
One Stop Shop resource for Career finding
Carbon neutral development